Standard Bank Travel Insurance- Reliable Travel Cover
Travelling locally or internationally can be an enjoyable experience. When it becomes unpleasant is when unforeseen incidents affect your travels negatively. It’s for this reason that having travel insurance can be so important. This type of insurance provides cover for unforeseen circumstances while you are travelling.
In addition to insurance companies, various other financial institutions offer insurance products. Banking institutions in South Africa have specialist insurance divisions.
Standard Bank, one of the biggest banks in South Africa, offer reliable travel cover in the form of Standard Bank Travel Insurance.
Tell me more about Standard Bank Travel Insurance?
- Underwritten by AIG South African Limited, this insurance is a benefit on all Standard Bank MasterCard and Visa cards.
- Cover is provided for personal accident, emergency medical and related expenses cover. Additional cover is available at preferential rates. There are also options available to take up one of the pre-existing medical conditions cover options available.
- To ensure that you are covered, you need to purchase your public conveyance travel ticket with your Standard Bank credit card.
- With Travel Guard, you have the benefit of a worldwide team of doctors, medical professionals and insurance specialists. To claim, contact: +44 1273 721 415
- For all other claims, fill in and sign a claim form on your return to South Africa and submit it with the necessary documentation.
- Cover is validated by your policy number.
General exclusions include:
- War and Terrorism
- Wilful or deliberate exposure to danger
- Nuclear, biological and chemical contamination
- Mental disorders
- Non-adherence to medical advice
To put in a claim for Standard Bank Travel Insurance, call: 0860 104 146 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel insurance buying tips:
- Make sure that you have enough cover
- Buy your insurance policy as soon as you’ve paid for your trip
- Make sure you know what you’re covered for