Why would you want to take out cell phone insurance? Simply because it’s become virtually impossible to imagine a life where you can’t send a message, phone your best friend, update your social media status with the tap of a finger, or even just update a loved one to let them know that you’ve arrived home safely.
Here are 10 interesting facts about cell phone insurance:
- You can get cell phone insurance cover anywhere in the world.
- Your insurance covers accidental damages too.
- You need to have a Police case number as well as a blacklist reference number to submit a claim for your insurance.
- You can get a new phone in as little as two days.
- You can cover your cellphone as part of your home contents insurance.
- Most insurance providers will cover your phone for water damage.
- You can insure any make or model cell phone.
- If your phone cannot be repaired, it will be replaced with a similar make and model.
- Some insurance providers will offer you additional benefits with your phone insurance like emergency assistance 24 hours a day.
- Cellphone insurance is often included as valuables insurance with most providers.
If you damage your phone, you must contact your insurance provider to submit the details. Thereafter an authorised repair centre will be suggested to you and you can take your cell phone in for the necessary repairs. Remember not to take the cell phone to any store for repairs that has not been suggested to you by the insurance company.
With cell phone insurance you’ll be covered in the event of theft or damage to your cellphone. It’s a good idea to have, as you need to make sure that you always have yourself covered. Cell phones are quite expensive, especially if you have to buy a new one unexpectedly; similarly, repairs can be just as expensive, so compare different cell phone insurance options and choose one that works for you.