Regardless of the bank you bank with, you can benefit from being able to do your banking via mobile phone, as this is much more convenient and having to go to a branch. Mobile banking has become very popular and allows you to do your banking transactions anyway you are.
Here are a few things you can do with mobile banking:
- a safe and secure way to your banking
- you can add and edit recipients
- you can make payments to recipients
- you can get up-to-date information on the balance of your accounts
- you can request an account statement
- you can apply for credit
- you can report a lost or stolen card
- you can buy prepaid airtime and electricity
- you can buy data bundles and SMS bundles
- you can request a mini statement
How to get started
This depends on the bank you with, for example if you are with African bank you can phone 086 100 0351 or you can visit your nearest branch to register yourself a number. Then number will be generated for you and it will be sent via SMS to your cellphone. Next you should dial *130*49494# from your registered cellphone and following structures on the screen to create a new pin number. Now you are ready to transact.
With ABSA you can simply register by dialling *120*2272# and follow this link to register. Once you are registered, you can use the same number to access your bubble, making and you can benefit from things like viewing statements, adding beneficiaries, and making payments.
Standard Bank allows you to access your mobile banking by simply dialling *120*2345#. If it is the first time you are using the service you can follow the registration steps, and from there you will be registered and benefit from a variety of features. There is no monthly subscription fee and services available on any cellphone 24 hours a day.