Taking Out Short Term Loans in South Africa
If you’re looking for short-term credit to pay for unexpected expenses. There are many options that you can consider. You can take a loan from a bank or you can take out a smaller loan from one of the many financial services providers available. In most cases you can even apply for a loan online and get the money paid directly into your bank account.
Short term loans in South Africa can vary quite a lot depending on where you take out a loan. If you borrow money from one of the four banks you will likely pay lower interest rates, however if you want a fast loan you can apply online and have the money deposited into your bank account. There are various loans available, and you can repay them over a period of up to 60 months.
ABSA offers an Express Loan that gives you:
- Need to access between R1 500 and R8 000
- Want a short-term loan payable over 1, 3 or 6 months
- Earn a minimum income of R1 500 per month
If you apply at Nedbank you’ll get the following:
- You get cash of R1 000 to R200 000 deposited in your salary account.
- Flexible payment periods of 12, 24, 26, 48 or 60 months.
You can also borrow from FNB, which offers you:
- With a loan from FNB you get access to loans from R1000 to R150 000 paid out within minutes.
- Depending on your loan amount you can get up to 60 months to repay.
- In the event of your death, dread disease, retrenchment, permanent or temporary disability, our Customer Protection Plan will ensure that you are taken care of.
If you are blacklisted, unfortunately, you will not be able to obtain credit from a bank and you will have to approach lenders will offer credit to people with bad credit records.