Funeral Cover for Parents Over 75 Tips
Buying funeral cover is something that should be done with a certain level of caution. It’s important to compare different offers and to buy funeral cover that will meet your needs.
When buying funeral cover for parents over 75, it’s important to consider that the older we get, the chances of approval by insurance companies become smaller.
People over the age of 60 years do pay a slightly higher monthly premium for a funeral plan.
Here’s what you should consider when buying funeral cover for parents over 75:
- Signing up for funeral insurance later in life is not cheap.
- You should always speak to a reputable funeral plan insurer or broker about your specific needs and budget constraints.
- There may be a natural death waiting period that applies. This is why it’s always better to sign up for funeral cover sooner rather than later. Funeral costs can be quite exorbitant. Nowadays even a basic funeral can set you back more than R30 000.
- Your application for funeral cover for parents over 75 may be denied. The reality is that restrictions on age are largely due to the risk profile. There are very few insurers who are willing to take on this risk, so you should be prepared for this possibility.
- You need to make sure that you can prove that you can afford the premiums. You should also expect these premiums to be slightly higher.
- Price shouldn’t be the only factor that you consider. You should make sure that the funeral cover for parents over 75 that you get is suitable to the needs of the insured. The insurance should provide adequate cover for funeral arrangements, buying a coffin or casket, provision of a hearse, preparation of the body and other costs.