How to get the best insurance:
Consumers who are willing to shop around can find a range of discounts and deals. In addition, there are other ways that you can get the best insurance:
Buy policies from the same insurer
Many insurance companies now offer discounts if you purchase two or more types of coverage from them. It’s important to avoid assuming that putting all your policies under one roof is the best. Make sure that you compare thoroughly and make sure that this is truly worth it.
Raise your excess
You can significantly reduce premiums for car and homeowners insurance by paying a higher excess amount. You need to make sure that you have enough savings to recover this amount.
Check rates before you buy
Sports cars and SUVs generally have higher insurance rates. If you’re shopping for home insurance you need to do the work to compare thoroughly.
Look for discounts
Insurance companies often have a range or discounts, so you need to ask your agent or broker how you can qualify for a discount.
If you’re looking for home insurance for instance, you could get a discount by installing home security features. If you live with an older individual in your home you may also get a home insurance discount.
As a car owner there are a range of discounts you may qualify for, such as:
- Discounts for driving less
- Discounts for going on an advanced driving course
- No Claims discount
- Discounts for adding security features to your car
Make sure that you choose a reputable insurance company
- Look for excellent customer service
- Look for a company that has a fast claims process
- The company should be easily accessible
- Most importantly, the company should be in a financially sound position, so that it can afford to pay out in the event that you claim.