Why FNB’s eWallet Is So Convenient
If you want to send money to anyone in South Africa, you can use eWallet from FNB. The money is transferred instantly and can be used to withdraw cash from FNB ATMs, buy prepaid airtime or electricity, Send Money to another Cellphone, pay to a bank account and more. Terms and Conditions apply. For Charges please refer to the Pricing Guide.
How it works
With FNB eWallet you can send money to anyone with a valid South African cellphone number, and send it via any of the banking channels, including the FNB app and ATMs. You can deposit cash directly into an eWallet at FNB ADTs (FNB ATMs with automated deposits).
Recipients can get cash at FNB ATMs nationwide and even buy prepaid airtime, data and electricity, make payments, purchase and get cash at selected retailers. They can also withdraw all or some of the cash from the eWallet at an FNB ATM, without needing a bank card. The rest of the money can be withdrawn at a later stage.
Here are a few more things you can do:
- Buy prepaid airtime, data and prepaid electricity from the eWallet
- Check the eWallet balance or get a mini statement
- Pay for goods and services online from the eWallet using Cell Pay Point
- Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Checkers and Boxer Stores
What you need to qualify:
- To Send Money via an FNB ATM: No registration or application is necessary – you only need to have an active FNB transactional account and FNB debit or cheque card.
- To Send Money via FNB Cellphone Banking: You need to register for Cellphone Banking
- To Send Money via FNB Online Banking: You need to register for Online Banking
- To Send Money via the FNB Banking App: You need to have a Smartphone and download the FNB Banking App