About FNB EWallet
eWallet allows any FNB account holder to send money to anyone with a valid South African Cellphone number, even if they don’t have a bank account. The money is transferred instantly and can be used to withdraw cash from FNB ATMs, buy prepaid airtime or electricity, Send Money to another Cellphone, pay to a bank account and more. Terms and Conditions apply. For Charges please refer to the Pricing Guide.
What does FNB eWallet offer?
With FNB eWallet you can:
- Send Money to anyone with a valid South African Cellphone number.*
- Choose one of four ways to Send Money : FNB Cellphone Banking, FNB Online Banking, FNB Banking App or FNB ATMs, whichever is the most convenient
- Deposit cash directly into an eWallet at FNB ADTs (FNB ATMs with automated deposits)
- Get cash at FNB ATMs nationwide
- Buy prepaid airtime, data and electricity, make payments, purchase and get cash at selected retailers
A Recipient of eWallet funds can:
- Withdraw all or some of the cash from the eWallet at an FNB ATM, without needing a bank card. The rest of the money can be withdrawn at a later stage
- Buy prepaid airtime, data and prepaid electricity from the eWallet
- Check the eWallet balance or get a mini statement
- Pay for goods and services online from the eWallet using Cell Pay Point
- Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Checkers and Boxer Stores
Do I qualify?
- To Send Money via an FNB ATM: No registration or application is necessary – you only need to have an active FNB transactional account and FNB debit or cheque card.
- To Send Money via FNB Cellphone Banking: You need to register for Cellphone Banking
- To Send Money via FNB Online Banking: You need to register for Online Banking
- To Send Money via the FNB Banking App: You need to have a Smartphone and download the FNB Banking App