Nedbank Greenbacks how to
South African mobile network companies are well known for rewarding their clients with airtime, internet and SMS bundles every time a subscriber recharges his account depending on the kind of promotion run by a network provider.
This initiative didn’t end with network companies but rather stretched to financial services providers who have decided to lure their customers by introducing rewards programme. One such financial firm is Nedbank; the firm rewards its customers through a programme code named “Nedbank Greenbacks”.
Greenbacks are a rewards programme that simply rewards customers every time they spend; the more they spend and swipe, the more they are rewarded. Greenbacks can be earned when one is using a cheque or credit card.
How it works
Nedbank customers will earn one Greenback for every R5 spent on their linked Nedbank Credit or Cheque card. Clients are advised to use their Nedback Greenbacks American express cheque cards and earn rewards twice the speed for the same spends.
Benefits of using Greenbacks
The financial facility is attached to the following benefits:
- Free flight with Kulula.com or South African Airways
- Weekends away with Southern Sun and protea Hotels
- Shopping vouchers for a selection of shopping malls as well as the Wine of the Month club
- Great offers from Digital Planet, Musica, Red envelope and Netflorist
- Car hire with AVIS Rent-a-Car
- Charitable donations
Meanwhile, a client’s Greenbacks can relapse if:
- Card is inactive for five months or more
- He cancels his Greenbacks membership
- He cancels his old Mutual bank account