Home Loan Application Documents Required
When applying for a home loan, you’ll need to provide some documentation to your lender. The information required will vary depending on the lender you choose. For a fast and easy loan process, it’s advisable to have these documents ready:
- A valid copy of your ID
- Proof of income
- A copy of the offer to purchase containing the seller’s and purchaser’s details
- Salary slip not older than 2 months or a letter from your employer with a breakdown of your salary and deductions
- If you are self-employed you will need a letter from an accounting officer confirming your income, or a statement of assets and liabilities
- 6 months’ worth of bank statements
- Proof of current residential address
- Copy of marriage certificate or Antenuptial contract (if applicable)
Keep in mind that the more information you have ready before you apply, the faster your loan will be approved.
Tips to keep in mind before applying for a home loan:
Buying a house is one of the biggest financial investments you may ever make, so it’s important to make a few considerations.
Buying a home means that you will have an ongoing financial commitment, so you need to be realistic about your financial standing and affordability in the long term.
Consider your individual housing needs:
Consider factors such as safety, hospitals, proximity to a police station, distance to work, grocery stores, etc.
To ensure that your monthly bond repayments are lower, it’s best to save for a significant deposit. Save some money before you apply and ensure that you put this up when you apply.
Take your time:
Finding a home shouldn’t be something that you rush into. Take your time to compare properties as well as financial institutions you will be applying to.