When it comes to card payment solutions enabling your customers to pay with their credit card on your website is the most basic way you can accept online payments.
Usually in a card payment transaction
- Acardholder begins a credit card transaction by presenting their card to a merchant as payment for goods or services.
- The merchant uses their credit card machine, software or gateway to transmit the cardholder’s information and the details of the transaction to their acquiring bank, or the bank’s processor.
In South Africa (SA) card payment solutions include.
It’s one of the largest payment providers worldwide, and offers a variety of options for business and the largest number of payment methods of any gateway in SA. PayU Easy provides easy payment solutions for accepting online payments. The customer selects to pay by credit card, enters their details and clicks pay.
PayU is also available in 16 countries, and has a robust enterprise ready system for transaction queues for businesses requiring a large number of transactions at a time.
The PayU Wallet allows consumers to pay from their wallet and not need to type in credit card details on checkout.
It’s one of SA’s first payment gateways and has been in business since 1996. Payment Gateway PayGate offers leading payment services.
For cardholders it provides various payment gateway options for
- American Express
- Diners Club.
PayGate has a number of options including:
- Paywebwhich easily adds payment functionality to your website via a transferal to their payment page.
- PayXMLwhich allows more integration options so you can host the payment page on your own website.
- Paybillwhich allows customers to offer the functionality to pay any bill online.
The process for accepting credit cards and other forms of payment is quite simple. You just need to do a short business verification and then you’re all set.
- Payment services
- Methods of recurring billing
- Creditand cheque cards
- Instant EFT
- ATM debit cards andMasterPass.
PayFast also has a vast array of app and platform integration tools and the ability to request payment via email.
It also offers Bitcoin, payD, Ukask, and Mobicred payments, and power some of the leading online merchants in SA including Takealot, Sportsman Warehouse, and Legendary Brands.