7 Interesting Facts about Insurance Quotes for Cars
- The car you drive can affect your car insurance quotes.
If the car you drive is very expensive to repair, the insurance company is going to have to pay more if you get into an accident. If the model is less likely to get stolen, you may be quoted less. If you drive a high performance car you may be regarded to be a high-risk individual- raising your premiums significantly.
- Various factors can affect your insurance rates.
This may include:
- Where you live
- Your occupation
- Your previous claims history
- Where you park your car
- Security features you may have installed in your car
- The vehicle type
- The risk of theft
- Your age
- How long you have been driving
- Your credit score may affect your car insurance quote
If you pay your bills on time, you are less likely to pay late or open and close accounts a lot. This may add up to your individual “insurance risk score” for you.
- You can get a multi-car policy.
If you have more than four cars in the household, you can opt for a multi-car policy. This will enable you to make considerable savings.
- You can insure your cars and your home with the same company.
You may qualify for a multi-policy discount.
- Brand loyalty can work against you can be an advantage.
Years ago, insurance companies used different criteria to decide on your premiums. Things change constantly, so it’s important to make sure that you compare different insurance providers when your policy is up for renewal.
- You could save a lot by paying your car insurance in full.
Find out how much you are quoted for a year and find out from your insurance provider about annual payments.